Spring is a busy time in Philadelphia. With college graduations, end-of-school activities for kids, spring festivals and just the urge to get out and enjoy the warm weather, we understand how your schedule can fill up fast.
The HVAC experts at Stallion Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning want to make sure all our Philadelphia neighbors take the time to get their HVAC tuned up. You should get an HVAC tune-up at least once a year in spring or fall. A tune-up will identify and fix problems before they become emergencies, and preventative maintenance will extend the life of your unit.
If you’re behind on maintenance or haven’t thought of getting a tune-up before, here are some signs that you should fast-track a service call:
- High energy bills: Without maintenance, HVAC systems lose efficiency. If bills are higher than you remember, it’s past time for a tune-up.
- Strange noises: You’ve probably gotten used to the sound of your HVAC running, but new noises, especially squealing or grinding, are red flags.
- Bad smells: If the air coming from your vents has a musty or electrical smell, get a tune-up.
- Not keeping up: If your system is struggling to keep up, or if temperatures are inconsistent throughout your home, call an expert to inspect your system.
WHAT TO EXPECT
When a Stallion service expert visits your home to tune up your air conditioner, you can expect a licensed, uniformed, background-checked professional in a well-marked vehicle. They will use cutting-edge diagnostic tools and maintenance techniques to make sure your system is in tip-top shape. Some of the tasks they will perform include:
- Test the thermostat.
- Inspect fan blades.
- Inspect electrical connections and tighten or adjust if needed.
- Check for adequate air flow and performance.
- Clean or replace filters.
- Check evaporator coil and blower.
- And more.
Whether you get your HVAC tuned up yearly or you’ve put it off, now is a great time to schedule a service call before temperatures rise. Contact Stallion today to find out more.