GIANNONE CAN HELP YOU DECIDE, BUT DO SOME HOMEWORK FIRST
Your furnace has served you well over the course of its life in your Philadelphia home. All things must come to an end, however. If you want to get a new furnace installed before winter arrives with a vengeance, the Philadelphia HVAC experts at Stallion are happy to help. We can walk you through the advantages and disadvantages of different heating types before you make a substantial investment.
Here are five things to keep in mind to make sure you are choosing the furnace that is right for your family and home:
- Start looking now. You will get a better deal before cold really sets in, and the Stallion HVAC experts can install it ahead of the often-brutal Philadelphia winter.
- Winterize your home. A new furnace won’t serve its full intended purpose if your house leaks warm air like a sieve. If your home is properly insulated and sealed, then a smaller furnace might suit your needs.
- Find features you want. A good modern furnace has sealed combustion to prevent leaks of toxic gases, two-stage valves for operating speeds, and has an extended warranty. When buying, a simpler furnace is easier to own and maintain. More complex models are more prone to breakdowns and can be more expensive to repair and replace. Buy early in the fall to take advantage of rebates.
- Energy efficiency. You want to ensure your new furnace is the right unit for your home and needs. Stallion HVAC experts can help you choose the most best efficiency for price without diminishing returns. In some areas, you may qualify for rebates through state or federal efficiency incentives.
- Add a programmable thermostat. This will allow even greater efficiency for your furnace, extending its life and cutting your heating costs. A programmable thermostat can adjust temperatures at specific times, like when you are sleeping or away from home. It can also be programmed to restart within a specified window so you come home to a warm and cozy home.
Choosing a new heat source can be daunting, but we are here to help. Contact Stallion for a fair estimate and more information on how we can help replace your heating system in Philadelphia.